Membership RulesMembership Rules
| Original (Brief) Version of the Members Agreement
1. The LETSystem (LETS) keeps a system of accounts in a quasi-currency,
providing an information exchange and recording service on trading for
the benefit of members.
2. Only the account holder can authorise a credit transfer from their
3. All credits and debits are interest-free
4. All accounts start at zero.
5. Members are entitled to know each other's balances and turnovers.
6. Members may decline any particular invitation to trade.
7. The LETS makes no warranty as to the quality, condition or value of
8. Any tax or insurance liabilities are the individual responsibility
of members involved in a trade, not of the LETS.
9. LETS are nonprofit agencies, covering their running costs on a cost-of-service
10. LETS can be independently organised by any local group, but should
be democratically run and accountable to the members.
Updated Constitution and Members Agreement
Harrow LETS was founded in the early 90s and at the request of the coordinator,
LETSlink set up an online system for the scheme. Information about how
the scheme works, its legal constitution and membership data are held
on this online system, and the events team run regular bring-and-share
events to provide an opportunity for members to meet up, the dates of
which are shown on the news page and circulated to members. Please study
the links below, and if you are ready to give it a go, please fill in
the application form. Once you have joined, follow the further
information in Useful Pages (accessible
from the sidebar).
How does LETS Work? What
are the Rules of LETS ? Constitution